Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Love for Life

Face the challenge bravely
Reviewed by Yongjia Sara Xu


     Have you ever felt that it's very hard to face challenges when you are alone?  In the book A Love for Life, written by Penny Hancock and took place in Holland. The main character Fanella who wants to have a child in her life, adopt a child after her ex-boyfriend leaves her. She faces all problems and overcomes those sufferings in her life by herself, and adopted a five-year-old girl whose named Ellie. But then Fanella's best friend Teresa introduced two men to her, and Fanella is hard to choose between both of them because they both have problems of their own......



     I highly recommend this book because this story is good, although this is fiction, but it's real and related to our life. In this book, I admire Fanella that she wants adopt a child even though her ex-boyfriend leaves her, that's interesting because it's not a easy job for a single woman. When I read how brave that Fanella is because she faces all challenges by her own, I think of myself that I gave up to do something, and I asked myself some questions, why I gave up? Why I ran away when I get in troubles? Shouldn't I need to be like Fanella that bravely faces challenges? One part that I liked about the book is that Fanella can bravely keep her life going even though she got some problems, I admire her so much, and I should learn from her. One part that I don't like is that Teresa looks like jealous that her best friend Fanella marry to Rod, she should be happy that Fanella  finds her happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment