Monday, December 10, 2012

My Highlights of 2012

     In this moment, almost at the end of 2012, when I think of all things had happened this year, joining the Project Shine was one of the most unforgettable experiences for me. The reason that I applied for this project was not only for my ESL class's credit,  but also for a good practise. I volunteered for an non-credit ESL class at CCSF chinatown campus. I was helping students understand words in English. Sometimes I translated them in Chinese (most of the students in that class were Chinese). I am glad that I can help somebody else by using my knowledge. Sometimes, when you  help others, others also help you.



Black Friday 2012
       My another memorable thing in this year is I went to the Black Friday shopping overnight. Even though I have been the United States for couple years, I had never been to this kind of shopping. However, I did in this year, and I had a lot of fun. In my hometown, China, we have big sale season also, but it is so different from the black friday here in the U.S. People waited on line before stores opened. After they got into the store, they started to shop crazily. If I tell my friends who in China that I had shopped overnight, they must say that I was crazy. Anyway, I very enjoyed the time while I was shopping with my friends on the Black Friday. 

     Time keeps going anyway, just make our lives more interesting!  Nice meeting everyone in 2012! Happy coming 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment