Monday, December 10, 2012

Unforgettable 2012


  When December appears on the calendar, it means this year is approaching to the end. When we look back the whole year of 2012, we found there are many cheerful and unpleasant things happened in our lives. However, no matter how sweet or bitter these things are, they always encourage us to move forward to our future. For me, 2012 is my second year to live in the US. Many things are still new for me. Specially, my school and my part-time job make my life of 2012 to be full of challenges and excitement.
  
  This was my first time to take college’s credit classes in the US in 2012. Education is really important in my mind, so my first goal was to get a bachelor degree after I came to the US. I remember that I was so nervous before I took classes because I didn't know what classes I should take, and which teachers are great. Therefore, I asked my friends, who were sophomores in CCSF, to give me some information. However, after I took some classes online finally, I began to worry about my English wasn't good enough to handle my classes. Therefore, I spent all of my time on studying. I remember my life was so stressful in my first semester in CCSF. Fortunately, my ESL class’s teacher, Denise, helped me a lot. She was patient and nice. She made me adapt the life in CCSF gradually.
  
  My part-time job gave me a lot of challenges in 2012. When my friend introduced a job, which is to work in a coffee shop, for me, I didn't response my friend immediately because I was not sure I could balance my job and my classes, and I didn't have any experience about working in a coffee shop. However, I really need a part-time job to improve my speaking, and make some money. Finally, I tried to work in the coffee shop nervously. I needed to learn how to make different kinds of coffee, and memorize all of the cakes and food. This was a big challenge for me because all of these were really new for me. I needed to study that from the very beginning. Furthermore, I needed to learn how to manage the coffee shop by myself because one person works at night shift. I needed to handle some sudden situations. Sometimes, the homeless or beggars show up in my coffee shop. I needed to make them out. Fortunately, some police officers are our customers. It makes me feel safe. A couple months later, I could handle the job skillfully. However, balancing the job and my classes is still a serious challenge to me. Because of these challenges, my life of 2012 becomes so unforgettable.
  As you can see, my school and my part-time job make my life of 2012 to be full of challenges and excitement. I have a lot of different kinds of first times in 2012. They make my life of 2012 have different tastes, and get amazing. Some people said that DEC, 21, 2012 is the end of the world. No matter this is true or not, my step will never stop!

1 comment:

  1. The pattern of coffee is beautiful than I imagined. How you make them? Independent work is hard for a new immegrant, but it contribute to impove our life's skill. The most important thing is make a plan and manage the schedule of next semester.

    ReplyDelete