Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Life in the United States



    I am a new immigrant and I have been to San Francisco since 2011.  Compare to the life of China, American life is completely different.  I have a large number of things to learn and improve in order to adapt life and society in the United States.  As for me, there are two important things I do daily in my life.
    One thing I do daily is riding muni to go to campus.  Taking more aspects  into consideration, I brought montly ticket to get there.  In my opinion, riding muni bus is the best way to get campus.  It is also a convenient and economical transportation for student.  Luckily, I lived near 14 bus terminal in daly city.  Though I have to transfer once to get to Ocean Campus,  I save money and time for commute.  In addition, I like the design of gray muni bus on the street, the bus run smoothly and quietly.  The creative design of stop string give me a deeply impression.  It is so humanized that no matter senior or children easily show their stop requirement to driver and safely get off the stop which they want.  Honestly, I like riding muni bus and I am used to riding bus in daily life.  Sometimes, I can meet a lot of people who come from different country and eavedrop unconsciously other passenger's conversation.  Even though I didn't communicate with other, I got some important information, such as news and events from their conversation.  Actually, I think it is the fresh way to learn  American culture and involve in American life.
    The other thing I do daily is studying in the library. The library of CCSF is better than I imagine.  The library is a multifunctional building.  It has a great deal of indepent desk, studing room, and computer room.  It also provide the service of printing and copying to students.  The most important thing is that the library is quiet and comfortable.  I spend a lot of time on doing my assignment and reading in the library, because I felt relax and I can concentrate on my studing without any interruption.  Strange to say, I work efficiently when I was in the library.
    I have to admit that I have been hard been hard on my life during the past one year.  However, everything I do daily fulfills my life and makes me positive.  In other words, it stimulates my potentiality and improve my capabilites.  What's more, I really enjoy the process of achieving my life's goal!

2 comments:

  1. of couse library is a good place for students to relax and study. I also like to study in library, but I already seldom go to there now. The reason why? I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I don't like taking buses because I usually waste a lot of time for waiting them. However, I have to take them to go to work because I don't have any private vehicles. I almost spend 1 hour on buses from my home to the place where I work in, but I really need them as well. They are my only way for going to work. Library is my favorite place also because it always is warm. In freezing SF, a warm place is really important. Honestly, I like sleeping at there. LOL...

    ReplyDelete