Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Love for Life

 

Love for Life  by Israel Frayle
 
Love for Life is a short novel that tells the story of a woman, Fanella.  She wants to raise a child very much with her boyfriend, but he leaves her.  Fanella's best friend, Teresa, introduces her to her child's teacher, Rod.  Fanella and Rod  become friends.  Fanella starts to have feelings for Rod.  Then Fanella meets with a social worker, Norma, who introduces her to five-year-old Ellie, one of Rod's students.  She applies to adopt Ellie.  Rod is accused of harming a student.  He gets suspended from teaching, which causes him to argue with his wife.  Rod finds out that his wife has been cheating on him. 
 
I liked the book because I admire Fanella.  She is a strong, smart woman who manages being lonely.   What I liked is that Fanella cares so much for Ellie and stands up for Rod when he is accused.  One thing that I did not like is that Teresa is jealous of Fanella's feelings for Rod.   
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I also read this book, and I gave this book 4 stars because it is interestin and exciting. Also, I can learn more new vocabulary to improve myself. So, I will let my friends know this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this book yet, but I hope I'll have a chance to read this. Your statement towards this book is really captivating because it's about a strong woman who want to race a child with her future husband who unfotunately left her. I think this wouldn't be boring boring to read because the introduction you just gave is a piece of advice that the book would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete