Thursday, October 25, 2012

2 year-old Birthday

Mom and I on my 2 year-old birthday
Although I couldn't remember clearly what had happened during the time the photo was taken, this would still be the photo that I always cherish. In the photo, it shows that my mom is hugging me over my waist. As you can see, I was so little that there was a lot of extra "space" in between my mom's arms and me. She smiled gently in the picture as well as in the present. Mom has always been my personal role model since she's a hardworking, patient, and kind person. Being an adult, I know how it feels to undertake all the tasks at home and outside of the world. But I can't compare my work to my mom's, because I know that she has given out far more than what I expect. And I know that every single mom in the world has done so too. Nobody could measure the amount of effort and time that moms sacrifice for their children. Everyone must appreciate the valuable sacrifices that moms have done on each of them, including me. 

By looking at this photo, all the memories that I had with my mom have all shown up in my mind. The picture was taken on my 2 years old birthday, and I wonder if my mom was thinking "my daughter is already 2 years old, time pass by so fast". Whenever it comes to any of my siblings birthdays, she will always say this, that's why I am wondering if she had on that day too. At that time, she paid lots of attention to me and was taking care of me, however, after my brother was born, everything changed. Now, she only focus her attention on the youngest child as every parent, I believed. Overall, the relationship between us has and will never changed in the present or future. We loved each other from the bottom of our hearts.

Here is a quote that I really like from Agatha Christie:
"A mother's love for her child is like 
 nothing else in the world. It knows no 
 law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes
 down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

4 comments:

  1. very nice picture, I think you have a good child memory

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do not have a photo with my mom at my 2 year-old birthday like you have T_T. I just go to check the albums and now I get jealous with you. But anyway, I can see that you have a happy 2 year-old birthday with your lovely mom. I like your child photo and how cute you are with big eyes and color block clothes style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This photo is seductive. Your story is very touching the way you delivered the message that your mother has always been your role model since then. And it is true that the sacrificed of our mother has given to us is uncountable because the'll give anything to satisfy their children. I think you're also right about the comparison regarding on the task we do is far beyond the work of our parents like doing household chores for example. Overall, I must say that the loved you have for your mother is infinite and the essence of relationship is love so I strongly believe that the relationship you have from your mother will never change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a precious photo - you are so cute and you mom looks so happy! I'm sure that is exactly what she was thinking, "How did my daughter grow so quickly!"

    ReplyDelete