Monday, October 29, 2012

Changes in my life

    In this picture, I have changed a lot. I wanted to keep the different period of me because I would like to compare my changes. Most of the time, we just think how to change the world but have you ever thought how to change yourself? Here in my speech, I will show you some changes in my life. Believe it or not, I used to be such a shy person in my senior school that even a common conversation with a single girl would make my face turm red. And to make things worse, I did  not know how to turn to my teachers for help. At that time, I paid no attention.to communication. Why? You may ask?

Things began to change after I moved to S.F. I took a part time job as a cook. And it is just that choice, which has been the turning point in my life.Through working, I learned how to get on well with my coworkers, I learned how to be their good colleagues and sincere friend. When working, I tried to make me learn something. When playing, I tried to join them. In some ways,they had been my teachers and changed me a lot. From then on, I became more and more open
-minded and began to turn on a new look.
After entering our university, I continue to come to the English corner every day to talk with my foreign teachers and friends. They gave me a lot of encouragement and helped me to be a brave and confident person. Right now, even you ask me to talk with a group of girls in the English corner, I will never feel embarrassed. Instead of being shy, I am active to open any topic and express my ideas in a humorous way. I begin to enjoy life because I know that I am making progress.
At the same time, I have taken part in many activities such as sports meeting and English speech competitions. Sometimes I succeeded but sometimes I failed. You know, it does not matter. This is real life full of changes. I constantly tell myself that I should seize each precious opportunity to learn from the changes, learn from life.

3 comments:

  1. I also a very very shy person, I'm afraid to talk to strangers. However, when I came here, I change a lot, I have more confident now. I think if I want to survive in this country, I need to communicate with others, I need to open my mouth and talk to them. It's better to be a extrovert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life always accompany with change, it is unavoidable. However, every change can make us improve, learn, as well as grow up, if one day you succeed, I think you will definitely appreciate all of these changes, so continuing to learn as much as you can from changes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Ray! You should be really proud of all you have accomplished - it's hard to communicate more - especially in a second language and in a new country.

    ReplyDelete