Sunday, October 28, 2012

The flower market of Chinese New Year


          In Guangzhou, we have a custom in Chinese New Year. We have to go to flower market to buy plate of kumquat and different kind of flowers you want to decorate our house before the New Year came in order to gaining nice atmosphere of the Chinese New Year. Every one should go shopping in flower marker even thought they don't buy any thing.  That means people could get luck in this coming year. People can buy flowers and plate of kumquat in flower market. They also can see and take picures in flower market every year with different decoration.
       This picture is one of them which I took some pictures in the flower maket in 2009. It was the last year I passed the Chinese New Year time in China. I have't went to flower market and haven't felt the happiest Chinese New Year atmosphere since I moved to the United States in 2009.  At the beginning of the year, I always remember that the Chinese New Year is coming soon and memorying my pass in Chinese. We cleaned the house, buy new clothes, buy flowers in flower market to decorate our house. In New Year, everyone dress up new clothes, unmarried people can get luck money from get married people, we also set up firework in the evening. When I was a child, I always looked  forward to the Chinese New Year. We have lots of fun during the New year. When the Chinese New Year is coming every year, I will feel sad because this memory is deeply in my brain. Every time I will look back those picture I took in the flower market. That makes me feel better. I always dream that one day maybe I can go back to china to celebrate the Chinese New Year. I am happy that I have those pictures in my computer. Because of those pictures, they keep going my Chinese New Year memory in china.

2 comments:

  1. I really miss the atmosphere of Chinese New Year as well. I haven't celebrated Chinese New Year for two years. However, the memory of Chinese New Year is still really clear in my heart. When I saw some pictures about our friends celebrated Chinese New Year on internet during the festival, my homesick got heavier. I have no ideas when I can celebrate Chinese New Year in my hometown....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this photo. I think it must be difficult here in the U.S. since we don't celebrate Chinese New Year as much as you all do back home. At least in SF there are some small celebrations to help you remember the special times.

    ReplyDelete