Monday, October 29, 2012

My American Family


Here is my American family photo. Of course, I have 'real family' in Korea. Both of family photos are on my desk, so I see all of them everyday. I love both of family. And I always miss them.

The reason that why I post this photo on the blog instead of my real family is my American family is like same with my real family. In the photo, the married couple is not like my parents but they are like my parents in America. It sounds like little bit strange but it is true.

I've been in America for 2 years. When I came to America, I settled down in Santa Cruz for learning English. In first month, I was living with UCSC students in the dorm. I thought it would be good for improving my English but it was my mistake with some reasons. So, I looked for host family and I could find them. They were never having an International student before so I became the first student for them. And then I was living with them for 9 moths.

During the 9 moths, we had made good memories and got to know each other. We've become family. They always worry about me and want to help me. I feel they are like my parents. I always miss them and thank for them. Now, they are having 8th student and when I visit them we always take family photo. I never get feel lonely because I have family in America. I can say I'm LUCKY for sure!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, you look like a family in this photo. Where did you take this photo, it looks like a interesting place with a lot of pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally luck. Even though you only lived with them for 9 months, you still have a chance to learn lots of helpful things from them. For example, you could speak english everyday so you might improve your english, otherwise you can learn from them about america culture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When did you take this photo? It looks a happy family. Where did you take this? The place looks interesting. I want to go there someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jullie,

    One of your friends looks like a pumpkin and this photo is great. Where did you take this? Did you do something similar this year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so great that you have an American family to show you everything that's going on here. I'm glad you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete