Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stormy Weather





This picture was taken four years ago in Philadelphia in the winter.  It was Saturday and it had been snowing all night and day.  The snow was 12 inches high, and all the roads and trees were covered with snow.  It was a beautiful scene.  Neither cars nor buses were on the street.  My boyfriend at the time and I decided to go outside and play in the snow. We wore appropriate clothing to stay warm.  On the way to the park, we stopped to buy an inner tube so we could slide down the hill in the park.  The park was packed with both children and adults.  We wanted to avoid the crowded part of the park and stay in a quiet area, so we chose an alternative activity and decided to build snow men instead.
It was very cold outside. We wore gloves and we start working on the snowmen. I had never built snowmen before, so I dot an explanation of how to create one.  We added pieces of wood to make a face, and we even gave him hair. We had a really good time so we decided to continue building. We created a pet to accompany the snowman.  It was a cat or maybe a dog, I still can’t really tell.  This is a picture of our creation.  Once we were done with our works of art, we went to the hill to slide on our tube.

4 comments:

  1. I'm from a city, in France, which is surrounded by mountains so usually in November, through January, it's often snowing. Snow represents happy moments for me too because I remember to play with it with friends at school. For me snow is the symbol of christmas and winter in general. When it's cold outside and that after having played with the snow, by building a snow men for example, you come inside your house, and have some tea or hot chocolate with friends or family! By the way, it is a really nice picture and the animal looks more like a dog in my point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute!! In the winter, I used to make a snowman with my brother. The snowman reminds me of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss the snow in winter. When we moved from Chicago 4 years ago, my sons kept asking when they would make a snowman. We had to go all the way to Tahoe to find snow!

    ReplyDelete