Sunday, October 28, 2012

Blossom of Memory


  This photo is one I will cherish always. This picture was taken in Chinese New Year of 2010. This is my last time to celebrate Chinese New Year in my hometown before I immigrate to the US. This is a corner of my home, and the tree in the photo is prunus persica. This is really traditional stuff in Chinese New Year. Chinese believe it can bring them good luck next year, so almost every Chinese family would buy it for decoration during Chinese New Year. I think the significance of prunus persica is like Christmas trees. When I see this photo, my memory about my hometown will rush out from my brain.
  I remember I bought the peach blossom with my father on New Year’s Eve of 2010. People are really busy on New Year’s Eve because we need to clean up our houses, make some decoration, and make a big dinner. My principal task was to go to buy a peach blossom with my father. Actually, this was not an easy job because almost all of peach blossom trees were taller than me, and it was heavy as a child. However, the most difficult was the blossom was so easy to fall from trees, so we needed to take care of it as a little baby. When we arrived the blossom market, which was for selling flowers for a couple days before Chinese New Year, we found it was so crowded. I remember I only could see the crowded people but not followers at that moment. However, I like this busy atmosphere. Even though it was very crowded, and people were in rush at that moment, I could see there was happiness on every person’s face. Finally, we chose a nice one, and brought it as bringing a baby to go home. However, my job didn't finish yet. I needed to clean up a big vase, and pour some water into the vase for the beautiful tree. The effect in the photo was the effort of my father and me.
  As you can see, the photo makes my memory about my hometown rush out from my brain. Photos are like hooks. They can hook your memory about the photo out of your brain, and help us remember every precious moment. I was really tired after I decorated the peach blossom on that day, but it was worth. It gave me the precious and wonderful memory.  

2 comments:

  1. I love flowers, they are so beautiful.. Those ones are actually really pretty, and also the flower bottles as well. I think that you should buy some orchids for decoration at home (here) too. Orchids are so popular here and they are also very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing all of the details of how you shopped with your father and brought it home. I loved what you wrote about how photos are "hooks". It's true! What wonderful memories this photo brings back to you.

    ReplyDelete