Monday, October 29, 2012

The Kaaba


The Kaaba is located in Saudi Arabia and is considered the center of Muslims world. It is an ancient and
simple structure that has been for many years. The Kaaba is covered with a black silk cloth which is embroidered in gold with verses from the Qur'an. Kaaba is a large stone structure constituting a single room. It is the holiest building in Islam.

Muslims have to go to Kaaba once in their life if they have the money. They go there for pilgrimage. There are millions of Muslims go there to do this religious event. This religious pilgrimage occurs every year, and a lot of people travel from all over the world to go to Mecca where Kaaba is located. Mecca is the city in Saudi Arabia.

This is the place that I wish in some days to go there and to be a member of the people there. I really like this place because it is a comfortable and quiet place. I have relatives who went to Kaaba last year. They said that they enjoyed everything there and had a religious time. They spent most of their time praying.



2 comments:

  1. I love the Kaaba so much. I know that Prophet Ibrahim built it in Makka. I wish I can go there and pray.I believe that the Kaaba is a holy place for Muslim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alomisi, I really appreciate you sharing this photo and information with our class. I didn't know anything about it. It looks very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete