Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Childhood

My cousins and me

          This is one of my favorite photos in my life. We took this photo in 1999 which is I was six years old at that time. I was in the right side of this photo, and the three other girls are my cousins, their names are Kimberly, Connie, and Christine. We took this photo in our hometown where my grandmother lives. You can see that this is a farmland because there is lots of grain behind us. My grandmother grew grain too, and we always help her to harvest grain because that's funny and we liked to do it, but we always mess up more than help our grandmother. I remember one time that we harvested grain, we harvested lots of grain and brought those grain to my grandmother's house. We think that we helped our grandmother a lot, but actually not, because we harvested in the wrong time which is those grain that we harvested was not yet ripe.
 


       In this photo, we were holding each other's hands seems like we were very "good friends", but we were not, we always argue with each others when we were child. This is such as a wonderful memory in my life. Every time I look at this photo, I think of the past that we were child, I think of my grandmother's farmland, and I miss my grandmother a lot because she is still in China, but now we all moved to United States. In U.S here, we don't see each other (my cousins) a lot because we all live in different cities, one of them in New York, the other two are in Fremont and I am in San Francisco.

       I love this photo so much and I cherish this photo because I think childhood is very precious, time can not go back, and we are not child anymore. So I think this photo is very important, and now I keep this photo in two different places, I saved it in my computer and I keep one in my album.

5 comments:

  1. You have a good time in your childhood. you should cherish the rtionship between your cousins and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo let me revived memories of my childhood. I thought you have good memories in your childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is lovely, and You make me miss my grandma. I visit my grandma only once a year because we live in different country also. I was so hyper when I was young, and I always mussed up every thing that was around me, so my grandma was always angry. However, I know she always love me like I love her. I admit that your blog make me happy, and I enjoy to read it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same situation with you. I haven't seen my grandma for a long time, I hope I can visit my grandma who lives in China. Even though I temporarily can not see her, I can talk with her by phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great photo. I love how it looks like you were all friendly and holding hands, but the truth is that you argued a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete