Sunday, October 28, 2012

Traveling to another continent!


On June 6, 2012, one of my friends took this picture.  My wife and I were with friends in Istanbul, Turkey.  Next to me is my wife, then her friend Serenay, and Serenay's husband, Ugur.  The person who took the picture is Nilay.  We are in front of the Haghia Sophia.  The Haghia Sophia is famous. It was used by Christians and Muslims for many years and it is a museum now. This picture is very important to me because I had the opportunity to travel and learn history with my wife and close friends. Besides going to this museum, we visited other areas in Istanbul, Ankara, Bozcaada, and Cesme.  We also saw a famous region called Kapadokya, what is left of an underground civilization. The persons who built these cities were hiding from Romans because they wanted to practice their own religions.  You can go hot air ballooning there if you want.  We did not, but we went to many gorgeous areas. Seeing so much beauty makes me glad that historical areas are preserved.

I remember more about traveling to Turkey. I was so happy to be in a country different than Mexico or the United States. Even though I do not speak Turkish, our friends helped us communicate and many people spoke English very well.  The people there were friendly. Ugur's family hosted us and Serenay's family had a special barbecue for us. The food was extremely delicious.  We ate chicken and lamb kebabs, salad, yogurt, and Turkish tea. Also, we ate the traditional Turkish breakfast many times. It includes many foods like cheese, tomatoes and basil, olives, bread, fruit, cucumbers, honey, eggs, and lots of Turkish tea. At one grocery store we went to, we were allowed to sample every single item!  My trip to Turkey was an adventure.  I hope to return next summer.

7 comments:

  1. The place in the photo looks very nice, so I hope I can have chance to visit it in the future. Traveling with family or friends always will be more happier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my firs wish is to be able to travel all of the world. traveling in the world can change yourself, enjoy new experiences , learning a new languages and experience new cultures. if you have like you friends and family, it will be more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elsabet,

      My trip was sensational. I had the opportunity to go some where without the language is a little scary but fun because, as you said, it opened my mind up.

      Delete
  3. Traveling and meet with new people is very interesting. I think that you enjoyed this trip, and I noticed that you had a great time with your wife and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great place, and I really like it because it has alot of views. Also, I think the air there is very nature because many tree around it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing a wonderful picture! You were so lucky to be traveling with friends. I would love to visit Turkey!

    ReplyDelete